Every year since 2018, UAB Sistemų Registras thoroughly checks that we are compliant with the translation service quality standard. We follow the requirements of the quality certificate on a daily basis, in every project. That is why the result of the inspection is so satisfying. UAB Baltijos Vertimai complies with the requirements of ISO 17100:2015, the international ISO translation services quality certificate. When ordering a translation from UAB Baltijos Vertimai, clients can be sure that the translations will be carried out by a native speaker. And if the client wishes, the translation will also be checked by a native-speaking editor. We apply the “four eyes” principle (where the translation is reviewed by a native speaker) to all translations into Lithuanian without exception, at no extra charge.
How is ISO 17100, the international standard for the quality of translation services, applied in our day-to-day work?
There is a planned process for order execution that we must follow exactly. Each translation must be reviewed and checked to ensure that it meets all quality requirements of the certificate.
- Request. Upon receipt of your request (by email or at our offices), we will review the documents submitted. We will check the translation deadline, language combinations and other requirements (what kind of certification is needed, how the translation will have to be handed over, etc.)
- Price quote. After assessing the documents and the more detailed information we have received, we submit a price quote.
- Confirmation by the client. If our quote is acceptable, the client confirms the order.
- Managing client information related to the project and project preparation. Client and order data are entered into our database. The order is given a number and assigned to a native-speaking translator working in the area concerned. The translator is given important instructions on the use of terms, etc.
- Translation and revision. The translator translates the received text and revises their translation. The translated and revised text is handed over to the project manager.
- Editing (applies to all translations into Lithuanian without exception). The translated text is forwarded by the project manager to a native-speaking editor. The text is proofread and edited by the editor. If there are any questions about the use of terms, a specialist in the relevant field (law, medicine, etc.) is consulted. The edited text is returned to the project manager.
- Final review and submission. The project manager reviews the final translation before handing it back to the client. The translation is returned to the client in their preferred & agreed manner.
- Feedback. Feedback and comments are always welcome from the client. This allows us to improve our services, collect data on the terms used by the client and control processes.
- Project completion.
Who is subject to the ISO 17100 translation quality standard and what requirements are applied?
The internal rules of the procedure (the quality of translation services) set strict requirements for the professional competence of translators, project managers and editors. Editors and project managers must have a linguistic background. Translators have a linguistic background and experience in specific areas of translation (technical, legal, financial, medical, etc.). Translators and editors follow reliable sources of information and always take into account the client’s comments, the supporting material provided and the preferred terms to be used.
- Use of technical and technological resources. This includes appropriate means of communication, translation tools, databases used to process projects and requirements for archive security.
What can a client expect from a company with ISO 17100 translation services quality certification?
- The translation will not distort the meaning of the translated text.
- The style of language in the translation will be exactly the same as the style of the original text.
- The translation will use terms consistently.
- The translation will be error free (punctuation, grammar, etc.)
- The translation service will be delivered within the specified timeframe.
- The client’s wishes and expectations regarding the translation will be taken into account.
What is guaranteed by the ISO 17100 translation services quality standard certificate?
- Translation quality is monitored and controlled.
- The staff, translators and editors are qualified and continuously improve their skills.
- A certified company that is trustworthy and has an impeccable reputation.
- A certified company that is always one step ahead.